Saturday, October 4, 2008

Week 5

RECAP:

Proline:
Last week: 0/3
Season to date: 2/12(17% correct) - Avg. win = 2.27 - Expected return = 0.38

The ties just do not seem to be working out for me this year, so I will avoid them at all cost for the next couple of weeks. This week I will stick to more sure things and try to improve on this abysmal record.

Cent Sports:
Last week 2/3
Season to date: 4/11
Current Bankroll: $3.37 (+$0.95) (I was at $3.72 until I lost 35 cents on baseball)
http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=212889
Sign up and see if you can out bet me if you dare.

Maybe I should just stick to the point spread cause thats where I am making my money. Palmer's injury cost me the one pick, and if i had been allowed to cancel my bet I would be up another $0.60 at least. Either way my bankroll is still increasing on a weekly basis.

THE GOODS:
Home team in bold.

Proline:
Chicago over Detroit (1.80)
Chicago was able to handle a strong Eagles team last week, albeit without Westbrook, but the Lions are a worse team regardless. Take the Bears and take this one to the bank.

Buffalo over Arizona (2.45)
Boldin's injury should put a damper on the Zona passing attack, allowing the Bills and their 6th ranked pass defense to double team the Fitz. Buffalo has looked strong all year and the Cardinals record is inflated by some weak early opponents. Look for the upstart Bills to improve to 5-0 (who'd of thought that?).

Washington over Philadelphia (3.45)
Westbrook, if he plays, won't be near 100% and the Redskins looked too strong last week against the Cowboys to warrant these kind of odds. If Westbrook plays, bet with caution, otherwise pounce at the opportunity to that these odds present. Philly is a hit or miss team and this could be a miss against an underrated Redskins team.

Cent Sports:
Batimore(+3) over Tennessee (-125) - $0.35
Baltimore put the hurt on Mendenhall and the Steelers last week, demonstrating just how strong their defense is. This battle of the undefeated teams should be a close one so the 3 points given to the Ravens makes them all the more appealing. Flacco should be able to pull this one out at home.

Cincinatti (+17) over Dallas (-120) - $0.50
The Bengals showed they can play with the NFC east againts the Giants in week 3. Dallas has come back to earth after a loss to the Redskins and 17 points is simply too many points to be given to the home team here, especially if Palmer returns to the lineup. Even if Fitzpatrick gets the go ahead I think the line is worth it though.

Washington versus Philadelphia over 42.5 (-110) - $0.35
Call this one a hunch, I just suspect this one will be a shootout, much like the rest of the interdivisional games in the NFC east have been so far this year.

No comments: